This Privacy Notice sets out how personal information is collected and handled to meet the International Poultry Council’s data protection standards and comply with the law. The International Poultry Council is responsible for your personal data.
Types of data we collect and use
We may collect and process different types of personal information in the course of operating our business and providing our services. These include:
- Basic data (identifiers), such as your name, your employer, your title or position;
- Contact data, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- Financial data, such as bank account details;
- Website usage and other technical data, such as your IP address and other information collected from your visits to our website;
- Any other personal data which you may provide to us.
How we collect your data
As a coaching service provider, we routinely receive personal information as part of our professional activities. We may collect your personal data:
- When we provide services to you or your organization;
- When you browse or interact with our website(s) or use any of our online services;
- When you email us or provide such data to us in other circumstances.
How we use your data
We only use your personal data where it is our legitimate interest to do so for the following purposes, in connection with our ordinary professional activities:
- Contacting you and responding to your requests and enquiries;
- Receiving your information as part of an event registration;
- Entering into or carrying out contracts of various kinds, including membership;
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to the International Poultry Council.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you with respect to announcements, events and products and services which may be of interest to you;
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials;
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
How we share your data
We have never sold and will never sell any of your personal data for money.
How we protect your data
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal information as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected and any other permitted linked purpose or until you withdraw your consent, provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. In particular, we may retain your personal data for an additional period of time to the extent that deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent that we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period. Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, the International Poultry Council may use automatic data collection technologies (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our website, such as traffic and location data.
The information we collect automatically does not include identifiable personal information but may contain a client ID or an IP address. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and speed up your searches.
Know your rights
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and, if we are permitted or required to do so under applicable laws and regulations and by our professional obligations, we are required and will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal information and correct any errors identified by you.
We do not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling. In addition, you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data and to ask for deletion of your personal data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data. We will not be sending you marketing materials without your express consent and will also comply with any request to stop sending any such communications to you.
To contact us
All requests, questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information should be addressed to email@example.com.